Cold Asian Drumsticks
A main meal on a summer's night... you want something not too heavy, but still full of flavour. These drumsticks are a winner winner chicken dinner. So handy that you can make ahead to serve later, or even make a batch for lunchboxes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These tasted great fresh out of the oven and were also good later on when cold. I will definitely make them again and freeze my leftovers. I found them really great because there was very little preparation involved but the flavour was fantastic. Very convenient being able to prepare in advance." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes + overnight marinating
Can be frozen
- shallot - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled and halved
- sesame oil - 20g
- Chinese 5 spice - 1 tsp
- honey - 20g
- soy sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- chicken drumsticks - 8
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Place shallot (1), garlic clove (1) and ginger (3cm piece) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g), Chinese 5 spice (1 tsp), honey (20g) and soy sauce (40g). Mix Speed 5 / 7 seconds.
- Place chicken drumsticks (8) into a large ziplock bag. Add the marinade to the bag. Shake well and seal. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the drumsticks into a large baking dish. Top with sesame seeds (1 Tbsp).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot or allow to cool for a great summer meal.