Cointreau Orange Curd
Making a deliciously sweet yet zesty curd is so easy with your thermo mixer, but this recipe really steps it up a notch. It's from Tenina's Merry Christmix Too book, and we think you will love it. Perhaps so much you won't want to give it away! If you love the look of the other items in this assortment, you can find them in Tenina's books, or in our 2014 Christmas Issue.
"Been naughty or nice this year? This is a bit of both, and totally addictive. I suggest you give it away or you may find yourself dipping into this in the wee hours of any day or night." - Tenina
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An indulgent zesty curd great for when you want to gift some yummy homemade gifts and show off what thermo mixers are fabulous at doing!" - Belinda
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Makes 3.5 cups
Cannot be frozen
- caster sugar - 220g, golden
- oranges - 2, zest only, finely grated
- butter - 240g, cubed
- orange juice - 200g, freshly squeezed
- Cointreau orange liqueur - 100g
- eggs - 4
- egg yolks - 2, extra
- Place sugar (220g) and orange zest (2) into bowl and mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add butter (240g) and chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add orange juice (200g), Cointreau (100g) and eggs (4 plus 2 extra yolks) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 80C / Speed 5 and then 2 minutes / 90C / Speed 5.
- Pour into sterilised jars immediately. Leaving in the bowl will lead to splitting of the mixture. If your mixture does split, save it by adding some ice cubes and blitzing at a high speed.
- Decorate the jars with a ribbon for a Christmas gift. Keep refrigerated and use within 1-2 weeks.