Coffee in the Thermo
Coffee lovers with expensive coffee machines avert your eyes! Are we saying that your thermo mixer CAN actually do ANYTHING and also makes the BEST cup of coffee you’ll ever taste? No no no… BUT it really is a great option for creating coffee, especially if you are having friends over. It’s definitely a great step up from instant coffee and milk, that’s for sure! There are a couple of options included in the method below, from grinding coffee beans in the thermo mixer all the way through to frothing milk. Do the steps that suit you.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Note: The exact amount of water and milk you will need will depend on the size of the mugs you serve in, but these quantities will allow you to accommodate a standard mug. You can then tweak over time once you become accustomed to how much you like, and therefore need.
- If using coffee beans, add to the bowl (10g per person) and grind by programming 1 minute / Speed 8.
- Add water (200g per serve) to the bowl. Set 4 minutes / 80C / Speed 2. Stop when the 80C light stops flashing.
- Transfer coffee mixture to the plunger. Clean and dry bowl.
- Add milk (150g per serve) to the bowl. Set 4 minutes / 70C / Speed 2. Stop when the 70C light stops flashing.
- Sit the internal steaming basket on top of the lid and froth Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Once complete, press plunger and pour into coffee cups.
- Top with milk and froth.