Nothing says Christmas in Australia quite like prawns. This is a delicious twist on traditional fresh prawns that we are sure you are going to love!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The coconut prawn recipe is SO delicious, crispy and a huge hit with all the family. Has a beautiful coconut flavour that goes really well with sweet chilli sauce! Yummy!" - Lauren
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Serves 8-10 as an appetizer
Cannot be frozen
- eggs - 2
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- bread - 4 slices, day old, (*can use GF)
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- prawns - 1kg, peeled and deveined, leave tails attached
- oil - for frying
- sweet chilli sauce - to serve
- Place eggs (2) into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Place coconut (100g), bread (4 slices), onion flakes (1 Tbsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Pour out into a bowl.
- Dip a prawn (1kg total) into the egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat for all prawns. Tip: Allocate one hand for the egg mixture and the other for the breadcrumbs to avoid yucky fingers.
- Place oil into a large frying pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, gently lower a few prawns into the frying pan. Be careful of splashes. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on the first side before turning over and cooking for 3 on the following side. Ensure prawns are cooked through before serving.
- Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.