Coconut Mango Oat Bars
A delicious healthy slice recipe that is perfect for brunch but also great for lunchboxes or snacks on the run. We love the combination of summery and tropical mango and coconut!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A guilt free sweet treat, with hints of tropical flavours." - Annette
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Makes 16 pieces
Can be frozen
You will need:
20cm square cake tin
- banana - 1, ripe, peeled
- egg - 1
- oats - 200g, rolled
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- mango - 1, small, stone removed, peeled and diced finely
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the peeled banana (1) and egg (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the rolled oats (200g), shredded coconut (100g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) and salt (1/8 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 2 until just combined. Scrape down sides.
- Add the diced mango (1) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Allow it to completely cool in the tin before removing and slicing into 16 pieces.