Coconut Lime Chicken
This recipe is perfect for a healthy lunch or a light dinner. An alternative option is for it to be served as a starter on discs of cucumber. It is featured in Alyce Alexandra’s beautiful book ‘Low Carb’.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 35 minutes
Mixture can be frozen
- water - 500g
- chicken breasts - 4, skinless
- fresh coriander - handful, leaves only
- fresh mint - handful, leaves only
- limes - 2, peel and juice only
- coconut cream - 400g
- white vinegar - 30g
- agave nectar - 20g
- fish sauce - 15g
- sesame oil - 10g
- lettuce - 6 leaves, to serve
- bean sprouts - 100g, to serve
- chilli - 1 long, red, finely sliced, to serve
- fresh herbs of choice - to serve
- shallots - fried, to serve
- Fill bowl with water (500g).
- Place chicken breasts (4) in steaming attachment upper tray. Steam for 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, or until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into quarters and set aside.
- Place coriander (handful), mint (handful) and lime peel (from 1 lime only) in the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add lime juice (from 2 limes), coconut cream (400g), vinegar (30g), agave syrup (20g), fish sauce (15g) and sesame oil (10g). Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Without cleaning bowl, add cooked chicken and shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Add sauce. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 6 seconds.
- Refrigerate chicken mix until ready to serve.
- Serve coconut lime chicken in lettuce leaves topped with bean shoots (100g), chilli (1), herbs, and fried shallots.