Coconut Lamb Curry
Day 2: Monday. This mouth watering curry, shared with us by Alyce Alexandra, will teach you how to use your thermo mixer as a tool in the kitchen. The actual cooking component is done in the oven, and takes 3 hours to cook to perfection. Depending on your schedule, you may wish to make the day before, and then enjoy on Monday night. Boy does it make a lot! You'll be able to use any leftovers throughout the week.
Alyce creates beautiful recipes. Not only does she have visually stunning cookbooks and an online store, but she also offers a variety of cooking classes on different themes for thermo mixers in Melbourne. Click the link to access Alyce's free digital book Quick Family Dinners. Alyce has contributed to The Christmas Issue, The Healthy New Year Issue, The Steaming Issue, The Easter Bonus Issue, The Celebrations Issue, The Breakfast Issue, The Desserts Issue, The Picnic Issue and The Party Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A lovely mild curry that the whole family can enjoy. It's really delicious, the lamb is very tender and just falls apart. My 6 year old instantly wanted a bowl of it for lunch! Very easy to prepare and cook." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 3 hours
Can be frozen
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, seeds
- cumin - 2 tsp, seeds
- dried fennel - 2 tsp, seeds
- onions - 2, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- turmeric - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1 tsp, ground
- chilli flakes - 1 tsp, or to taste
- coconut oil - 20g
- coconut milk - 400g
- vegetable stock - 70g, concentrate
- water - 400g
- lamb leg - 2kg, diced
- coconut - flaked, to serve
- fresh coriander - leaves, to serve
- chilli - fresh, to serve
- lime juice - to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place coriander seeds (2 tsp), cumin seeds (2 tsp) and fennel seeds (2 tsp) in the bowl and dry roast 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Mill 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add onion (2), garlic (6), turmeric (1 tsp), nutmeg (1 tsp) and chilli (1 tsp) and chop Speed 5 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut oil (20g). Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add coconut milk (400g), stock concentrate (70g) and water (400g) and mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Place lamb (2kg) into a large casserole dish and pour over coconut mixture. Cover dish with a tight fitting lid and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
- Serve curry topped with flaked coconut, coriander, fresh chilli and a squeeze of lime juice.