If you want to indulge in the smooth creamy texture of a cheesecake, but cheese is not your friend, this recipe is for you. It has been shared with us from Bianca of Wholefood Simply.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It's delicious! It's delicate, and creamy, and moreish!" - Janine
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Setting Time 4-6 hours
Can be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 120g or 1.5 cups
- cashew nuts - 70g
- dates - 10 medjool, pits removed
- cacao powder - 2 Tbsp
- coconut cream - 1 Tbsp, full fat
- cashew nuts - 190g, raw
- coconut cream - 1 cup full fat, will be added bit by bit
- honey - 85g, rice malt syrup
- coconut oil - 60g
- vanilla - 1 tsp concentrated natural, extract
- salt - pinch
- Cover cashews (190g) with water. Set aside to soak while gathering the ingredients to start the base.
- Place coconut (120g), cashews (70g), dates (10), cacao (2 Tbsp) and coconut cream (1 Tbsp) into bowl.
- Combine Speed 9 / 45 seconds or until the mixture resembles a fine crumb.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of a springform pan. Optional: you can push the base up the sides of the tin too if you would like your cheesecake to have a crust. Place in the fridge to set while you make the topping.
- Drain the cashews that have been soaking and place them in the mixer bowl.
- Add coconut cream (1 Tbsp only). Blend Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add coconut cream (1 Tbsp only). Scrape the mixture back onto the blades. Closed Lid / Turbo x 2 seconds. You want to get this as smooth as possible. If you remove the lid to check texture beware that there could be a lot of filling attached to the lid, which can create quite a mess!
- Add coconut cream (1 Tbsp only). Closed Lid / Turbo x 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining coconut cream (from the original cup), honey (85g), coconut oil (65g), vanilla (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt to the bowl.
- Combine Speed 9 / 30 secondsor until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto your base and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours to set.
- You can also make this cake in advance and simply remove it from the freezer around 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you have leftovers they can be kept in the fridge (if serving within a couple of days), or freezer