Classic Zucchini Slice
What??? Hand grated zucchini and carrot? In a mixer mag? Before you swipe along at this blasphemy, we urge you to give it a go. Hand grating the zucchini and carrot leads to a much lighter end product, and much less liquid! We really think you will love this classic version which is made easier in your mixer.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Was delicious and we have none left, even when Daddy didn't have dinner tonight!" - Brea
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Can be frozen
- zucchinis - 2, large, grated
- carrot - 1, large, grated
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- bacon - 5 slices, short cut, fat removed
- eggs - 5
- cheddar cheese - 100g, grated
- plain flour - 100g (*can use GF)
- salad - to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Squeeze excess liquid from the grated zucchinis (2) and carrot (1). Set aside.
- If you need to make your own grated cheese, add cheese (100g) and grate Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Set aside.
- Place onion (1) and bacon (5 slices) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (5), cheese (100g), flour (100g), carrot and zucchini to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Slice and serve with salad.