This classic biscuit has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger from her book Homebaked. It is set to become a new favourite. After a long day at work, there is nothing better than coming home to a warm cup of tea and dunking your favourite biscuit in it. Turn on the TV, kick back and relax with these little shortbread slices that are the perfect comfort snack.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looks yummy and tastes even better. Such a quick and easy recipe for a delicious afternoon tea. I will be using all my power to not eat every slice straight away." - Belinda
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 8 pieces
Can be frozen
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (110g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Place the plain flour (220g), butter (170g) and sugar (75g only) in the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Place the dough in a 23cm round cake tin lined with baking paper and flatten. Prick it a few times with a fork and use a knife to make indents for 8 slices. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sprinkle the pastry with the remaining sugar (35g).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Transfer onto a wire cooling rack and leave to cool slightly before cutting into the individual pieces.