Citrus Grilled Chicken
A delicious zesty chicken dish that is perfect for a summer BBQ! We love the combination of all these different citrus varieties. It really adds a kick to the dish. Serve this with our Pear and Apple Slaw for a delicious and easy dinner. You can easily use this marinade with chicken thighs, tenderloins or even a whole chicken if you prefer.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such a simple marinade! It made for a moist chicken that's a little different for a BBQ. Would also be lovely hot or cold in a sandwich, wrap or salad." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 1 hour marinating time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- spring onions - 5, roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 4 Tbsp
- limes - 2, zest and juice only
- orange - 1/4, zest only
- orange - 1, juice only
- olive oil - 40g
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- chicken breasts - 4
- salad - to serve
- Add the spring onions (5), garlic cloves (2), parsley (4 Tbsp), lime zest (from 2 limes) and orange zest (from 1/4 orange) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat again Speed 9 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (from 2 limes), orange juice (from 1 orange), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), oil (40g) and salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Place the chicken breasts (4) into a snap lock bag and add 3/4 of the marinade. Seal and shake to coat well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through, basting regularly with the remaining marinade.
- Serve with salad.