Cinnamon and Vanilla Sugar Blend
A great blend to use in hot drinks, dusted over cakes or sprinkled over shortbread before baking.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick and easy recipe that would make a lovely gift – it smells just like Christmas!" - Judy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cinnamon - 2 quills, roughly broken up
- vanilla pods - 2, dried, cut into thirds (see Note)
- sugar - 400g
- Add the broken cinnamon quills (2) and cut vanilla pods (2) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat until fine.
- Add the sugar (400g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Pour into small containers, tie with string and attach a label. Store for 2 weeks before gift giving to allow the flavours to develop.
Note: This is a great recipe to use up scraped vanilla pods. The seeds aren't essential in this recipe.