Chunky Red Pesto Dip
This delicious dip has been shared with us by Paula from Nourish Me Natural. It incorporates the flavours of roasted red capsicum, semi-dried tomato and artichoke with the lovely crunch of cashews. Yummy, healthy and easy to make.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very easy and quick dip for entertaining! I think a fresh chilli would be a great addition!" - Jenni
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes 1.5 cups of dip
Best served fresh
- Parmesan cheese - 20g
- capsicum - 1, chargrilled, red, see instructions
- garlic clove - 1, large
- semi dried tomatoes - 100g, drained
- artichokes - 50g, marinated, hearts, drained
- cashew nuts - 160g, raw, or roasted if you prefer
- olive oil - 20-30g, extra virgin
- lemon - half, juice only
- fresh basil - handful, leaves
- Add cheese (20g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 7 seconds. Set aside.
- To chargrill red capsicum: Hold the capsicum with the stem upright and remove the core as you slice downwards to create 4 large pieces (or cheeks). Remove any membranes or seeds. Place each of the capsicum pieces on a sheet of foil on an oven tray under a hot grill for about 10 minutes or until blackened and blistered. Remove from grill, fold up the sides of the foil and wrap ensuring that the steam cannot escape. Allow to cool, over which time the steam will condense and allow for the skin to be easily removed. Peel off the skin and cut into chunks.
- Optional: Add artichoke hearts (50g) to the bowl and blitz on Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides. If you aren't familiar with the texture of artichokes, this can be a good option to get the delicious flavour without the texture.
- Add capsicum, garlic clove (1), tomatoes (100g), artichoke hearts (50g), cashews (160g), olive oil (20g), lemon juice (1/2 lemon), basil leaves (handful) and cheese (20g) to the bowl.
- Chop Closed Lid / Turbo / 4 x 0.5 second blasts. You want a chunky but evenly chopped mixture. Enjoy with crackers and / or vegetable sticks.
Transport in a sealed airtight container with an icepack to keep it cool. Keep refrigerated as long as possible.