Chunky Pork Chilli Casserole
This deliciously spicy (but oh-so-easy) chilli casserole has been contributed by Lesley from Me and My Thermie. It is a favourite in The 4 Blades kitchen due to it’s hearty flavour and easy preparation. And boy does it freeze well (although it often doesn’t last long enough to make it to the freezer!)
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- tomatoes - 400g can, chopped
- chickpeas - 400g can, drained and rinsed
- olive oil - 20g
- onion - 1, large, red, peeled and quartered
- pepper - 1, red, or capsicum, flesh only
- chilli - 1, fresh, red (or use 1/2 tsp chilli powder with the other dry spices)
- garlic cloves - 2
- pork fillet - 500g, free range if possible, diced into 2cm cubes
- cumin - 2 tsp, powder
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, powder
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp, smoked
- sweet potato - 250g, peeled and diced into 1-2cm cubes
- tomato paste - 40g
- vegetable stock - 20g, paste, we use stock pastes made with half the recommended salt
- balsamic vinegar - 20g
- red kidney beans - 400g can, drained and rinsed
- Add the cans of tomatoes and chick peas (drained & rinsed) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add onion (1), capsicum (1), chilli (1) and garlic (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g), pork (500g), cumin (2 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), oregano (1 tsp) and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the previously chopped tomatoes and chickpeas, sweet potato (250g), tomato paste (40g), stock paste (20g) and balsamic vinegar (20g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add can of kidney beans (drained & rinsed) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve with rice (standard, or cauliflower rice) and a side salad. Alternatively, pair with corn chips.