Chunky Guacamole with the Lot
This could be the holy grail of guacamole recipes right here! Chunky and delicious with just the right amount of spice. Serve it to friends with a big bowl of corn chips and watch it disappear. Fun fact: if you need to ripen your avocados in a hurry, seal them for 12 hours in a plastic container with a banana. Go on, give it a try!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe will be printed and laminated to add to my dip collection. Very, very definitely will make it again! It is addictive! Lovely fresh flavours and a wonderful alternative to the tasteless guacamole dips in the supermarket." - Bec B.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Serves 6-8 as a dip
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- lime - 1/2-1, juice only
- taco seasoning - 2 tsp (make your own with the Taco Seasoning recipe from this issue)
- avocados - 4, peeled stone removed and roughly chopped
- tomatoes - 3, insides removed and fresh diced small
- Place the red onion (1/2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add lime juice (from 1/2-1 lime), taco seasoning (2 tsp), avocados (4) and tomatoes (3) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Place into a large serving bowl. You may wish to season further with salt and pepper, or fresh coriander.
*Salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 1 mild, de-seeded chilli in Step 1 with the onion.
- Add 2 Tbsp sour cream in Step 2 to make the guacamole super creamy.