Chunky Chicken Bolognese
This delicious recipe has been shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way. This chunky vegetable chicken spaghetti Bolognese is a must on your meal plan, coming in at around $3 per serve. Chicken mince is an inexpensive way to add chicken to the menu. This meal makes for a filling, delicious and budget friendly lunchbox filler or dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked and tasted great. A great lot of flavour and hidden veggies, win win!" - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- oil - 20g, plus extra for frying
- chicken mince - 500g
- onion - 1, large, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- carrots - 2, roughly chopped
- celery - 2, in sticks, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 1, green, roughly chopped
- kale - 1, large, leaves, roughly chopped (or large handful of spinach or silverbeet)
- tinned tomatoes - 800g
- tomato paste - 40g
- apple cider vinegar - dash
- dried Italian herbs - 2 tsp
- vegetable stock - 1-2 Tbsp, paste, to taste
- pepper - black, ground
- Put some oil into a saucepan and cook chicken mince (500g) until it just starts to change colour to white (doesn’t matter if some is still pink). Drain and put mince aside.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the carrots (2), celery sticks (2), capsicum (1), kale leaf (1) and the chicken mince to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second blasts until the mixture reaches your desired chunkiness.
- Add the tomatoes (800g), tomato paste (40g), vinegar (dash), Italian herbs (2 tsp), stock paste (1-2 Tbsp) and pepper to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Serve over cooked pasta or zucchini noodles.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites