Chunky Beef Chilli
We love a dish that is versatile. Serve this over rice, alongside steamed veggies, inside puff pastry parcels or as a pie. The hard work is done over the course of the day. Simply decide how you want to serve it and enjoy. This recipe has been shared by our very own Peta, from her TRTLMT book Mixing It Slow.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This chilli was so quick to prepare–it was in the slow cooker and ready to go in 30 minutes! It was full of flavour and was loved by the whole family. It will definitely be on the menu in the cooler weather!" -Vicki
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 8 hours
Serves 6, can be doubled
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, mild, roughly chopped
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 10g
- capsicum - 2, large, green, dice
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed well
- casserole beef - 600g, or gravy beef, diced
- passata - 500ml
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- sour cream - for garnishing (*omit for DF)
- paprika - for garnishing
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and chilli (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cumin (2 tsp), coriander (2 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and oil (10g) to bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- While the onion and spices are cooking, add capsicums (2), kidney beans (400g tin), beef (600g), passata (500ml), pepper (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the slow cooker.
- When ready, add the onion and spice mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve chunky beef chilli with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of paprika over the top.