Christmix Waldorf Salad
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very quick, very simple and had a nice citrus tang. It had a bright Christmassy feel." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- orange - 1, zest and juice only
- olive oil - 40g, extra virgin
- rice wine vinegar - 30g
- sour cream - 50g
- Spiced Orange Cranberry Jelly - 80g
- salt - pink, to taste
- pepper - cracked, black, to taste
- apples - 2, green, quartered
- salad greens - 100g, or rocket, of choice, to serve
- grapes - 300g, red, seedless, sliced in half
- celery - 2-3, sticks, sliced thinly
- walnuts - 100g, toasted
- sour cream - 50g, to serve
- Place orange zest and juice (from 1 orange), oil (40g), vinegar (30g), sour cream (50g), jelly (80g), salt and pepper into the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Remove the dressing and set aside.
- Without cleaning the bowl, place quartered apples (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Add salad greens (100g) to a salad bowl with the chopped apples, chopped grapes (300g), sliced celery (2-3 sticks) and walnut pieces (100g). Combine with salad servers.
- Dress the salad with the dressing to your desired level and combine well with salad servers.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream (50g) on top and additional cranberry sauce if desired.