Christmas Spiced Cookies
These cookies scream Christmas with their flavours of cloves, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. These are not only great to gift to loved ones, but they are also perfect to take to Christmas parties, end of school events and to have on hand for unexpected guests popping in over the festive season. Make these delicious cookies as shown or cut shapes from the dough using Christmas themed cutters. The dough is very forgiving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I will be making these for Christmas gifts! They held together so well, and they tasted and looked amazing." - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 25-30 biscuits
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 400g, plus extra for rolling and cutting
- butter - 250g butter, cubed
- sugar - 90g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- cloves - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1 tsp, ground
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper or baking mats.
- Add the plain flour (400g), cubed butter (250g), sugar (90g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), ground cloves (1/2 tsp), ground cinnamon (2 tsp), ground ginger (1 tsp) and ground nutmeg (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function. It may take a little longer, depending on how cold your butter is. The longer you knead, the better it will come together. If it is too dry, add a few drops of milk or water to bring it together.
- Sprinkle bench with a little flour and slightly knead the dough.
- Roll out into 0.5-1cm thickness.
- Flour your cutters lightly and cut a variety of shapes from the dough.
- Continue to knead, roll out the dough and cut shapes from it until all is used.
- For a quicker option, simply roll the dough into 25 small balls and place onto the tray. Flatten slightly with a fork as shown in the photo.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden. The time will depend on what shapes you used and their size.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before placing biscuits onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container, serve, or prepare for gifting.