This delicious and bright salad, shared with us by Alyce Alexandra, is perfect for Christmas lunch in the sunshine. There is just something about pomegranates that takes a simple salad to the next level, and with those vibrant jewels? Oh so Christmassy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A beautiful fresh salad. Great colours for Christmas!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, red, peeled and thinly sliced
- white vinegar - 100g
- water - 800g
- beetroot - 15, baby, washed, ends trimmed and halved
- broccoli - 1kg, cut into florets
- olive oil - 100g
- sherry vinegar - 100g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- mustard - 2 tsp, Dijon
- salt - to taste
- rocket - 100g
- fresh mint - 1 bunch, leaves only
- fresh mint - micro, to serve, optional
- feta cheese - 200g, to serve (*omit for DF)
- pomegranate - 1, to serve
- almonds - 100g, slivered toasted, to serve (*omit for NF)
- Combine onion slices (1) and white vinegar (100g) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, fill the bowl with water (800g). Fill the internal steaming basket with beetroots (15) and set it in place. Program 22 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3.
- Place broccoli (1kg) in the steaming attachment lower dish. Set it in place along with the basket. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3, or until cooked to your liking.
- Rinse broccoli under cold water. Set both broccoli and beetroot aside to cool.
- Place oil (100g), sherry vinegar (100g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), mustard (2 tsp) and salt in the dry mixer bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Toss dressing together with beetroot, broccoli, rocket (100g), mint (1 bunch) and reserved onion slices in vinegar.
- Top with micro mint, feta (200g), pomegranate (1) and almonds (100g) and serve.