Christmas Rocky Road
It's just not Christmas without rocky road. This one has a fun festive twist to it with the inclusion of green, red and white fillings. This is another one to gift to teachers or share at the end of year functions. For an added crunch, feel free to add in some toasted peanuts or puffed rice cereal (e.g., Rice Bubbles™).
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and easy to make. I took it to a party and it disappeared very quickly. It's very hard to stop at just one piece." - Bec B
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 20-25 pieces
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 400g, of choice, broken up into pieces (*ensure DF if required)
- lolly frogs - 10 red, cut into small pieces
- lolly frogs - 10 green, cut into small pieces
- marshmallows - 100g, white, mini, cooking(*ensure GF if required)
- peanuts - 50g, roasted, or puffed rice cereal, optional (*omit for NF / GF)
- To decorate:
- Jaffas - 25
- spearmint leaf lollies - 25
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the chocolate pieces (400g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.5.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the red frog pieces (10), green frog pieces (10), mini marshmallows (100g) and peanuts / puffed rice cereal (50g, if using) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Pour into the prepared tray.
- Lightly score the top to form 25 squares.
- Place a Jaffa (25 total) and a spearmint leaf (25 total) on top of each square.
- Allow to set before cutting into slices.