"Don’t know what to do with all that left over turkey and ham after you can’t eat another mouthful? Whip it up into this pâté for New Years Eve. It will last that long in the fridge…unless you taste it of course…then…I just cannot be held responsible for what may occur!" - Tenina
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a very easy way to use up leftovers. I put it on toast and fed it to my 18 month old boys." - Julia
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours setting time
Makes a lot!
Cannot be frozen
- fresh chives - handful
- cooked meat - 200g, cold (beef or chicken)
- ham - 150g, cubed or sliced
- cream cheese - 250g
- cream - drizzle
- peppercorns - coloured
- chicken stock - 150g, liquid (or water with 1 tsp chicken stock powder)
- gelatine - 1 tsp, powder
- Place chives (handful) into bowl and chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Add turkey (200g), ham (150g), cream cheese (250g) and cream (a drizzle) and blend Speed 7 / 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
- Pour into serving bowl and smooth the top. Press a few peppercorns into top.
- Place stock (150g) and gelatin (1 tsp) into clean, dry machine bowl and warm 3 minutes / 60C / Speed 1.
- Blend Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Cool slightly before pouring on top of the pâté mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving with crackers, cheese, olives and vegetables of choice.