Chorizo Scrambled Eggs
This yummy breakfast includes some of our favourite flavours. The combination of chorizo, red onion and red capsicum really packs a punch! It is easily doubled if you wish to serve more people. This is just perfect with some homemade baked beans and fresh sourdough bread on the side.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a lovely twist on basic scrambled eggs. We all loved it." - Shannon
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
nonstick frying pan
- chorizo sausages - 1, roughly chopped (*ensure GF if required)
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- capsicum - 1/2, red
- eggs - 4
- cream - 50g, pure
- fresh chives - chopped, to garnish
- relish - tomato, or chutney*, to serve
- Add the chopped chorizo sausage (1), peeled onion (1/2) and capsicum (1/2) into bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Move this mixture to a nonstick frying pan over medium to high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Without washing the bowl, add the eggs (4) and pure cream (50g) to the mixer bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan. Allow it to cook for 1 minute. Using a spatula, move the cooked eggs to the side and let the uncooked eggs hit the pan. Keep moving the egg mixture every 15-30 seconds until cooked through and silky looking.
- Serve topped with chopped chives and a large dollop of relish or chutney.
Make your own!
* Make your own tomato relish with the Tomato Relish recipe from The BBQ Issue, the Canned Tomato Relish recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue, the Tangy Tomato and Onion Relish recipe from The On the Road Issue or the Spicy Tomato Relish recipe from The Gift Giving Issue.
* Make your own tomato chutney with the Spicy Tomato Chutney recipe from The Classics Issue, the Christmas Chutney recipe from The Gift Giving Issue or the Green Tomato Chutney recipe from The Gift Giving Issue.