Chorizo & Potato Skewers
Looking for a tasty way to feed a crowd? The flavoursome chorizo is made even more delicious with the red wine vinegar, and complemented beautifully with the grilled potato! This makes for a great BBQ finger food. Make ahead of time and store in the fridge so you can just throw them on the BBQ when you need them!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This skewer of meat, veg and carbohydrate goodness made for a very happy husband. For an added flavour dimension you could squeeze the lemon over your cooked skewers - delicious!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Makes 10-15 skewers
Cannot be frozen
- lemon - 1/2, rind only
- dried thyme - 2 tsp, leaves
- fresh rosemary - 2 tsp, leaves
- garlic cloves - 3
- red wine vinegar - 60g
- water - 150g
- olive oil - 20g
- potato - 2
- chorizo sausages - 600g (approx. 5 sausages), cut into pieces (*check for DF)
- capsicum - 1, medium, red, flesh only
- onion - 1, medium, red
- If you are using bamboo or wooden skewers, soak them in water.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthways, then slice into 1.5-2cm slices.
- Add lemon rind (1/2), dried thyme (2 tsp), fresh rosemary leaves (2 tsp) and garlic (3) to the bowl. Process Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Add red wine vinegar (60g), water (150g) and olive oil (20g) to the bowl.
- Set the internal steaming basket in place and add the diced potatoes (2). Close the lid and place the steaming attachment on top and add chorizo pieces (600g) to the lower dish. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- While this is cooking, cut the capsicum (1) and onion (1) into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer potato, chorizo, capsicum and onion to a separate bowl, pouring any liquid remaining in the mixer bowl over the potato and chorizo. Set aside until it's cooled to a safe handling temperature.
- Thread potato, chorizo, capsicum pieces and onion pieces onto the skewers.
- Fire up the BBQ or grill plate, oil and char grill just before serving.