Choose Your Own Adventure Hot Chocolate
Haven’t found something you like yet? Or perhaps you don’t have all the ingredients? Never fear! Your tailor-made hot chocolate is here! Follow the template below and share your combinations with us on our Facebook group, Facebook page or Instagram feed - we’d love to hear them!
We were inspired by Alexx Stuart's "Choose Your Own Adventure Cakes" which were featured on the podcast recently, and we hope you'll love our Hot Chocolate version!
Recipe Tester Feedback: I was asked to use an ‘interesting’ chocolate to try this recipe - so I used Tim Tams! Yummo! It was easy peasy, and even a thumbs up from the Mr Picky at my place!” - Maureen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Best served fresh
Some combinations that have been tried so far…
The Basic Hot Chocolate - Milk Chocolate / Cow’s Milk
The Paleo Hot Chocolate - Very Very Dark (low sugar) Chocolate / Coconut Milk
The Adult Hot Chocolate - Milk Chocolate / Cow’s Milk + 30g kahlua
The Spicy Hot Chocolate - Dark Dairy Free Chocolate / Rice Milk + a pinch of cayenne pepper
The Tim Tam Hot Chocolate - Tim Tams / Cow's Milk
- chocolate - 50g, of choice
- milk of choice - 400g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract, optional
- Add chocolate (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides if any chocolate has stuck.
- Add milk (400g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 80C / Speed 4, measuring cap on.
- Take the measuring cap off, sit the simmering basket on the lid.
- Speed 7 / 20 seconds to froth.
- Serve, and share your combo with us!