Chocolate Waffles with Mixed Berries
These chocolate waffles are absolutely delicious, and with the addition of fresh mixed berries they are café perfect. If you have any leftover waffles, they are REALLY great with ice cream, berries and freshly sliced banana as a special dessert!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are amazing! Quick to make up and even freeze to have for later when you want something sweet. Very versatile with what you can have with them, too. These were a big hit." - Kirsty
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 waffles, depending on machine size
Waffles can be frozen
You will need:
- Wet mixture:
- butter - 90g, or DF spread, cubed
- eggs - 2
- milk - 350g, (*ensure DF if required)
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Dry mixture:
- self raising flour - 300g, (*can use GF)
- sugar - 100g
- cocoa powder - 40g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- To serve:
- berries of choice - mixed, fresh
- icing sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Add the cubed butter (90g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until melted.
- To the melted butter, add the eggs (2), milk (350g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, add the self raising flour (300g), sugar (100g), cocoa powder (40g) and salt (1/2 tsp). Mix until combined.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture in the mixer bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining dry mixture to the wet mixture in the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Follow your waffle iron's instructions for cooking the waffles. Cooking times and size of waffles will vary from machine to machine.
- Whilst the waffles are cooking, prepare your delicious fresh berries.
- Serve waffles immediately whilst still warm, with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar (2 Tbsp).