This is such a cute way to make and serve hot chocolate, and oh so easy. As a bonus, they make gorgeous gifts, and are a great way to use up unwanted Easter eggs! Simply melt a spoon in a warm mug of milk. You can vary the flavours of these chocolate spoons by adding a few drops of your favourite food grade essential oils of choice. It is important to use good quality chocolate. For a dairy free option use very dark chocolate. For other ideas of what to do with tempered chocolate, check out the 2015 Easter Subscriber-Only Bonus Issue!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were fun to make. I used crushed Oreos in the white and peppermint in the dark. The only problem is that you want to eat all of them at once! Trying to stop the kids eating them is a challenge. As soon as Miss 13 got up she asked if she can have one for breakfast!" - Anita
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes + overnight setting
Makes a lot of spoons!
Can be frozen
- Place white chocolate (100g only) into the bowl. Grate Speed 6 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Add remaining white chocolate (100g only) into the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 3.
- Pour into spoon moulds.
- Repeat with milk chocolate and dark chocolate. If you do them in the order white chocolate, milk chocolate then dark chocolate you will be able to do them all without washing the bowl!
- Allow to chill in the fridge overnight.