Chocolate Quinoa Porridge
Let's mix it up a bit and give the old morning porridge a shakeup. The great thing about this recipe is that you can really set and forget, so while it may take 30 minutes to prepare, you can be having a shower and getting ready for the day while it cooks. No need to stand around waiting!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Why was I skeptical?! This recipe is so easy and tasty – I love things I can 'set and forget'! It made a good afternoon snack too." - Rach
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- quinoa - 170g, rinsed very well
- water - 500g
- milk - 200g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- cacao powder - 30g
- honey - 50g
- berries of choice - fresh
- Place the washed and drained quinoa (170g), water (500g), milk (200g), vanilla (2 tsp), cacao (30g) and honey (50g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Program 25 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes with the measuring cap on to soak up any excess liquid.
- Serve topped with fresh berries (and extra honey if you like!)