Chocolate Puddings with Vanilla Ice Cream
These delicious little chocolate puddings are so tasty, you may go back for seconds! Make the ice cream a day ahead and serve with the warm chocolate puddings. A great little dessert for the whole family.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These puddings are warm, moist and everything a pudding should be. The ice cream is tasty, smooth and creamy. It's the perfect topping for these puddings. This is definitely a dessert I will be making again." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + overnight setting time
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- Vanilla ice cream:
- vanilla pod - 1
- milk - 300g
- double cream - 100g
- sugar - 90g
- eggs - 3, yolks only
- Chocolate puddings:
- butter - 150g, plus extra for greasing
- demerara sugar - 80g, or raw
- cocoa powder - 50g
- eggs - 3
- self raising flour - 225g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- milk - 20g
- salt - pinch
- water - 800g
- To make the ice cream the day before, scrape out the seeds of the vanilla pod (1) and place the seeds and scraped out pod in the bowl.
- Add milk (300g), cream (100g), sugar (90g) and egg yolks (3 only) to the bowl. Cook 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Remove from the bowl and place in an airtight container or an ice cube tray. Leave to cool at room temperature, then put in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, grease the insides of 4 ceramic ramekins with butter.
- Add the butter (150g), sugar (80g) and cocoa powder (50g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 45 seconds.
- Add the eggs (3), self raising flour (225g), baking powder (1 tsp), milk (20g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix again Speed 4 / 45 seconds.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the ramekins and cover each ramekin with clingfilm tightly.
- Rinse the bowl and fill with the water (800g). Place the ramekins in the steaming attachment lower dish and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 35 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. After this time test the puddings with a skewer. They should come out clean. If not, add another 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
- When you have 15 minutes left, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the fridge.
- Take the puddings out of the steaming attachment and leave on the side. Clean the bowl thoroughly.
- Cut the vanilla ice cream into 4cm cubes and place in the bowl. Crush Speed 6 / 20 seconds, then, using the spatula, mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds. Serve the hot puddings drizzled with the cold ice cream.