Chocolate Pear Cake
This chocolate pear cake is fluffy, moist and so yummy. It has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is easy to prepare and so delicious, even the day AFTER baking! The pear juices will soak through the cake and create a lovely moist texture. If you don't want to add whole pears, you can cut them up and scatter the pear pieces through the batter.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such a simple recipe that tastes lovely. The cake itself was moist and tasty. I do love the addition of the pear to a chocolate cake." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45-55 minutes
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 225g
- plain flour - 225g
- butter - 225g
- eggs - 4
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- baking powder - 3 tsp
- cocoa powder - 40g
- water - 1-3 tsp, boiling
- pears - 3, small, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (225g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (225g), add plain flour (225g), butter (225g), eggs (4), vanilla (1 tsp) and baking powder (3 tsp) in the bowl.
- Put the cocoa powder (40g) and boiling water (1-3 tsp) in a small bowl and mix with a fork until you have a thick paste. If it is too thick, add more water until it resembles the consistency of Nutella™. Add the mixture to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and drop in the whole peeled pears (3).
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Don’t test an area next to a pear because it will be moist.
- Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Then slice up and enjoy!