Oh boy, we LOVE these nests! They have been shared with us by Peta, from her new book Mixing Easter. Aren't they cute? They only use two ingredients - coconut and chocolate. So simple to make and just gorgeous for kids to make as Easter gifts to be enjoyed on Easter morning.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looks great and tastes yum. I love coconut. It's nice as normally you would make something like this with fried noodles. So I just love this idea!" - Summah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 2 hours
Serves 7 small nests
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, cooking, in small pieces (*can use DF)
- coconut - 80g, shredded
- Easter eggs - mini, of choice
- Add chocolate (200g) to the bowl. Melt for 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Once melted, add coconut (80g) and mix on Reverse+Speed 3 until combined.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of mixture into a muffin hole and work up sides forming a thin nest. You may wish to use a spoon or your fingers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once set, place as many mini eggs as you like inside the nest. Serve or wrap for a gift.