This super simple recipe allows you to make delicious chocolate milkshakes from home, just as rich and delicious as you might get from the local milk bar and using ingredients you likely have on hand at home. If you need to make it without dairy, you can easily do so. For an extra chocolatey burst (although it really is very chocolatey!) substitute chocolate ice cream for the vanilla! If you are feeling a little bit fancy, drizzle a little chocolate sauce around the walls of your glasses before serving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious! Made enough for our family of five, and it was all gone in no time!" - Mark
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 2 large milkshakes, or smaller milkshakes for 4-5
Can be frozen
- raw sugar - 80g, or less if you prefer
- cacao powder - 15g, or cocoa powder
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- ice cream - 350g, vanilla (*can use DF)
- milk - 700g (*can use DF)
- Add sugar (80g) and cacao (15g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add vanilla (1 tsp), ice cream (350g) and milk (700g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 15 seconds.
- Pour and serve, yum!