Chocolate Honey Oat Slice
A quick and easy slice that's perfect for the lunchbox, without all the nasties. 5 ingredients and 25 minutes is all you need!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A ridiculously quick and easy slice that tastes great and uses ingredients already in the cupboard." - Kate
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 30 slices
Can be frozen
- coconut oil - 100g, or butter (*use coconut oil for DF)
- honey - 80g
- chocolate chips - 80g, dark (*ensure DF if required)
- oats - 80g, rolled
- desiccated coconut - 2 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil (100g), honey (80g) and dark chocolate chips (80g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add the rolled oats (200g) and desiccated coconut (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 4 until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and press down. Compress the slice well.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until you can tell its has hardened slightly.
- Place the tin onto a wire cooling rack. Do not remove the slice from the tin.
- Allow to cool completely before removing the slice from pan and cutting into 30 slices.
- Store in an airtight container.