- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Biscuits
A very easy recipe, but it's so delicious and looks impressive. You really can't go wrong with this choc hazelnut combination. These are really special gifted in a small gift box tied with ribbon.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “You can’t go wrong when hazelnut spread is involved! These biscuits are great to share, and everyone will love them." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 6-8 minutes
Makes 19 small sandwich biscuits
Can be frozen
- butter - 140g, cubed
- sugar - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 4 tsp
- egg yolks - 2
- plain flour - 180g
- cocoa powder - 20g
- chocolate hazelnut spread - 200g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the cubed butter (140g), sugar (100g) and vanilla bean paste (4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Speed 5.
- Add the egg yolks (2) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Add plain flour (180g) and cocoa powder (20g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until a dough forms.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl. Roll into 38 teaspoon sized balls of dough.
- Place each ball onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Place a little of the choc hazelnut spread (200g) on the underside of one biscuit and sandwich it together with another.
- Repeat for all biscuits.