Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a great cake to whip up when you need something completely easy, but really delicious. A good old fashioned chocolate cake made extra yummy in your mixer. Consider frosting it with one of the Basic Icing Recipes in The Party Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was quick, easy and totally yum." - Shannon
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- milk of choice - 130g (*can use DF)
- olive oil* - 90g
- eggs - 2
- sugar - 100g
- cocoa powder - 40g
- self raising flour - 140g (*can use GF)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Add whisk attachment to the bowl.
- Place the milk (130g), oil (90g), eggs (2), sugar (100g), cocoa powder (40g) and self raising flour (140g) into the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Speed 4.
- Scrape down sides and whisk attachment. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before cooling on a wire cooling rack.
*Oil is considered a staple and is not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add the zest of one orange in Step 2 for a flavour twist!
- Add 1 tsp (or more to taste) peppermint essence in Step 2.