We love friands, and these chocolate ones are absolutely delicious. We love the decadent chocolate flavour with just a hint of almond. Don't forget to save your egg yolks and make a delicious aioli, or just freeze them for another day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a fantastic recipe – we will most certainly make this one again." - Katie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- almond meal - 130g
- icing sugar - 150g, pure
- plain flour - 90g
- cocoa powder - 50g, plus extra for serving
- egg whites - 6
- butter - 180g, melted, plus extra for greasing
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a 12 hole friand mould well.
- If you need to make your own almond meal, add almonds (130g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (150g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- To the almond meal (130g) and icing sugar (150g), add the plain flour (90g), cocoa powder (50g), egg whites (6), melted butter (180g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp). Mix Speed 4 / 12 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Divide mixture between the friand moulds, ensuring you only fill each hole 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before dusting with cocoa powder and serving.