Chocolate Covered Date Bars
A delicious way to enjoy a chocolate treat without the nasties. They look and taste completely decadent, but in truth they are full of good ingredients and so incredibly easy to whip up!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These are sooooo delicious. Great for parties, like my daughter's party tomorrow. So yummy and healthy, and quick at the same time. I love the chocolate coating – it makes it feel like I've gone to all this effort when really it's so super simple!" - Alana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes 20-30 squares
Can be frozen
- dates - 250g, medjool, pitted
- almonds - 200g, slivered
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- chocolate - 200g, 70% dark, broken up (*ensure DF if required)
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place dates (250g), almonds (200g), coconut (100g) and vanilla (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 30 seconds until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough into a slice tray with a spatula.
- Press dough into slice tray evenly. Place into the freezer.
- Wash and dry bowl.
- Add chocolate (200g) to bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Program 3 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Pour chocolate over the dough and place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 20-30 squares and enjoy. You can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.