Chocolate Coconut Mousse
This delicious mousse was shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. So good! You won’t trust it until you try it. Another bonus is that with all these amazingly healthy fats you won’t need to eat much to be satisfied.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looks very impressive, like a rich chocolate dessert, minus the guilt!" - Steph
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 8 minutes
Can be frozen
- coconut sugar - 100g
- chia seeds - 20g
- avocado - 1, ripe
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- ice cubes - 60g
- coconut cream - 400g, chilled
- cacao powder - 90g, raw
- Place coconut sugar (100g) and chia seeds (20g) into the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add avocado (1), vanilla extract (1 tsp), ice (60g), coconut cream (400g) and cacao powder (90g). Blitz Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if your mousse isn't smooth yet.
- Divide between 4 cups or bowls and serve.
- If you don’t have time to chill the coconut cream, refrigerate mousse for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
- For a variation, after Step 3, fold through fresh raspberries (125g) for a summer flavour.