Chocolate Coated Banana Pops
Such a delicious, healthy snack for the whole family to enjoy over summer! Vary the coating to suit your tastes. We love using chopped nuts for a nutty chocolate banana flavour explosion! Yummo!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yummy – frozen bananas are so creamy. Served to the big 1 year old without chocolate, which was perfect for teething. Might try with yoghurt as an alternative coating also!" - Brea
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Freezing Time 2 hours
Can be frozen
- banana - 6, peeled and halved
- chocolate - 200g, 70% dark broken into small pieces (*ensure DF if required)
- nuts of choice - chopped, or toasted coconut flakes
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and carefully slice the bananas (6) in half. Insert a stick into the cut side of each banana half.
- Place small chocolate pieces (200g) into bowl. Program 4 minutes / 60C / Speed 2. Transfer chocolate into a warmed shallow bowl.
- Coat each banana in chocolate. Place onto prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle coating of choice on top of each banana.
- Freeze for 2 hours and enjoy!