Chocolate Chip Frozen Gateau
There is nothing better than a frozen dessert after a successful meal. This super delicious chocolate chip frozen gateau is packed with delicious amaretti biscuits to achieve a light and fluffy consistency. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Really impressive result for such a quick and easy recipe." - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Freezing Time 4-5 hours
Makes 10 slices
Can be frozen
- double cream - 500g
- caster sugar - 25g
- amaretti biscuits - 75g, or sweet crunchy (*can use GF / EF biscuits)
- chocolate - 100g, dark
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (25g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Place the double cream (500g) and caster sugar (25g) in the bowl. Whisk on Speed 3 until stiff while watching it closely. It could take between 20-45 seconds to be stiff. Remove the whisk attachment and set aside into a large bowl.
- Into a clean dry bowl, add the biscuits (75g). Blitz Speed 4 / 7 seconds. Transfer to the bowl with the cream.
- Place the dark chocolate (100g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Transfer into the bowl with the cream and biscuits. Mix together with a fork.
- Transfer into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Freeze for at least 4 hours, then slice up and serve. Return any leftovers to the freezer, covered in clingfilm to avoid freezer burn. Store for up to 3 months.