Chocolate Chilli Pots
These decadent chocolate chilli pots are a delicious way to end your Mexican fiesta. If chilli isn't up your alley, you could consider adding a few drops of food grade orange, lime or mint essential oils. When these have set the spoon will actually sit up in the pot - they are that thick! A delicious treat for you and your guests before they roll out of the door.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Lusciousness incarnate! I will totally be making this again. I think it would transport well too, which makes it more versatile." - Erika
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 8 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 9 minutes
Serves 6-8 small serves
Cannot be frozen
- cream - 300g, pure
- chocolate - 200g, 70%, dark roughly broken up
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 or more if desired
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- eggs - 2
- Place cream (300g) into the bowl. Program 9 minutes / 90C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent spatters. Watch closely so the cream does not boil over.
- Set aside in a heatproof jug. Keep warm.
- Wash and dry the mixer bowl quickly to cool it. Work quickly, as you don't want your cream to cool.
- Add chocolate (200g), cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add eggs (2) to the bowl. Turn the machine on to Speed 4. Slowly drizzle the warm cream through the hole in the lid to melt the chocolate. Once all the cream is added,continue to mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 6-8 small ramekins or serving bowls. Cover and place into the fridge for 8 hours.