Chocolate Almond Cake
This is a deliciously moist chocolate cake that is perfect on its own but we couldn't resist the urge to add almonds and chocolate in a crumble topping. This cake is sure to impress. Best served warm with a dollop of thick cream (or coconut cream). If you have dietary intolerances, you can make your favourite chocolate cake as the base and follow the steps for the topping.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- milk - 300g
- butter - 100g
- coconut oil - 80g
- self raising flour - 160g
- cocoa powder - 50g
- white sugar - 100g, or less if preferred
- vanilla - 1 tsp, powder
- eggs - 2
- chocolate - 110g, broken up, or chocolate chips
- almonds - 110g, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease round cake tin.
- Add milk (300g), butter (100g) and coconut oil (80g) to bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / speed 2.
- Add flour (160g), cocoa (50g), sugar (100g), vanilla powder (1 tsp) and eggs (2) to bowl. Speed 3 / 5 seconds to just combine. Note: this is a thin batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Combine chocolate (100g) and almonds (100g) into a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter. Do not worry if some sinks.
- Bake the cake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle over the remaining crumble. Do this quickly to avoid the cake from potentially sinking.
- Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Be sure not to over cook.
- Serve warm with a dollop of thick cream.