Choc Topped Wheaty Slice
It really doesn't get much easier than this slice! Many will remember it from their childhoods. It's a staple in many kitchens, and a great slice to have on hand when people pop in unannounced.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a super easy, simple Weet-Bix™ slice that surprised me with its 'butteryness' and richness. The ganache made it rich like a choc-topped caramel slice. From the start to adding the sprinkles, I was done in 40 minutes, with less than 5 minutes in the kitchen!" - Nerine
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 32 pieces
Can be frozen
- weetbix - 4, bricks
- brown sugar - 75g
- self raising flour - 170g, wholemeal
- coconut - 15g, shredded
- butter - 150g, cubed
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- chocolate - 200g, dark, broken up into small pieces
- double cream - 60g
- sprinkles - of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Add the Weet-Bix bricks (4), brown sugar (75g), wholemeal self raising flour (170g), shredded coconut (15g), cubed butter (150g) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Firmly press the mixture into the prepared tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Place the dark chocolate pieces (200g) into the clean, dry bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add double cream (60g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a thin layer over the base and add sprinkles over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to set, then cut into squares with a hot knife to ensure the chocolate is cut nicely.