Choc Pop Biscuits
This recipe was handed to me many years ago and instantly became a hit. Many moons ago I used to travel fortnightly. It took me 7 hours to get to work. (Hello anyone from Singleton, NSW!) These biscuits were a staple for the road trip and were loved by everyone. There were never any left for the 7 hour ride home. This is my tweaked version. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A yummy textural biscuit with a crunchy outside and a softer inside, filled with the crunchy texture of the puffed rice and the smooth texture of the choc chips. My kids couldn't stop eating them." - Alana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Eggs
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 20 biscuits
Can be frozen
- butter - 100g, softened
- sugar - 80g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- egg - 1
- milk - 60g
- self raising flour - 160g
- chocolate chips - 120g
- puffed rice - 80g, cereal
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter (100g), sugar (80g), vanilla (1 tsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add milk (60g) and flour (160g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add the choc chips (120g) and puffed rice cereal (80g) to the bowl. Remove the bowl from its base and mix by hand with a spatula.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture onto a tray and flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 20 biscuits across both trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 15 minutes before removing from the tray and placing onto a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.