Choc Orange Mug Cake
Nothing beats chocolate AND orange together. Get your little hit of Jaffa™ flavour in this delicious and quick choc orange mug cake.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasted amazing. Perfect balance of chocolate, orange and sweetness. It is a perfect throw-together treat on a cool night." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- orange - 1/2, zest
- sugar - 30g
- self raising flour - 80g (*can use GF if required)
- cacao powder - 20g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp (*can use GF if required)
- orange juice - 50g
- milk - 100g
- egg - 1
- almond butter - 50g, soft (*or DF spread)
- Place the orange zest (from 1/2 orange) and sugar (30g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the self raising flour (80g), cacao (20g), baking powder (1/2 tsp), orange juice (50g), milk (100g), egg (1) and butter (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if necessary to combine well.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing.