Choc Orange Fat Bomb Truffles
Choc orange is such a delectable combination, why not turn it into a fat bomb for the Low Carb Healthy Fat lovers out there? We all need a little choc orange in our lives! These truffles have been shared with us by Daniela and Michelle from Thermo-Foodie and The Chef.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Low carb, healthy fat, choc orange, Jaffa™ tasting truffles! Need I say more?!? I'm so glad they can be frozen because it's so hard to just stop at one!" - Sharree
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- xylitol - 15g (or sweetener of choice for a high carb version)
- cacao powder - 15g
- desiccated coconut - 75g
- food grade wild orange - 10 drops, or orange oil (available from Doterra®)
- cream cheese - 150g, full fat
- Add the xylitol (15g) and cacao (15g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Tap the lid and leave for 1 minute to let the dust settle.
- Scrape down sides. Remove 2 tsp of the mixture and set aside for coating.
- Add the coconut (75g), orange oil (10 drops) and cream cheese (150g) to the mixer bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Roll into 20 balls, then roll them around in the reserved cacao mixture.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week. These can be frozen for up to 3 months.