Choc Mint Smoothie
Take your old chocolate smoothie to a completely new level. Prepare ahead for this recipe by freezing some coconut water into ice cubes. They make this smoothie so much nicer than using normal ice. Consider making up some smoothie bags in the freezer including the mint, coconut ice cubes and frozen banana so that you have everything you need on hand.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a delicious and refreshing smoothie, the kids loved it and it was a great way to fill them up after school." - Shannon
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- fresh mint - 5-10 leaves
- coconut water - 100g, frozen into ice cubes
- banana - 1/2, frozen (approx. 75-100g), chopped into pieces
- cacao powder - 1/2-1 Tbsp, raw, or to taste
- maple syrup - 20g, pure
- vanilla - 1 tsp, pure, extract
- milk of choice - 150g, chilled
- Add mint leaves (5-10) and ice cubes (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the banana (1/2), cacao (1/2-1 Tbsp), maple syrup (20g), vanilla (1 tsp) and milk (150g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Pour into 1-2 glasses. Garnish with a sprinkle of raw cacao powder and mint leaves. Serve immediately.