Choc Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Isn't the choc hazelnut flavour combo just the best? This clever recipe has been shared with us by Bianca Slade of Wholefood Simply. As an added benefit, you can easily double this recipe to make more (and you might need to, because they are truly delicious!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "They were delicious and taste like a biscuit version of a Ferrero Rocher™!" - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Makes 12 biscuits
Can be frozen
- almond butter - 80g (make your own with the Almond Cashew Nut Butter recipe from The Easy Issue)
- maple syrup - 40g
- honey - 1 tsp, or rice malt syrup
- chocolate chips - 40g dark, or dark chocolate, roughly chopped (*ensure DF if required)
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- hazelnut meal - 100g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own hazelnut meal, add hazelnuts (100g) and mill Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the almond butter (80g), maple syrup (40g), honey (1 tsp), chocolate (40g), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) into the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds to combine.
- Add the hazelnut meal (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds to combine. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into 12 balls.
- Place the balls onto the prepared tray and flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for five minutes before gently transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Eat. Enjoy.