Choc Chip Chickpea Biscuits
An easy way to use up overripe bananas and keep the refined sugars low for little people. We love that this is an egg and nut free lunchbox recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Oh soooooo good! My daughter wanted to eat the whole batch, she loved them so much!" - Terri
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 15-20 biscuits
Can be frozen
- chickpeas - 400g, tin, drained and rinsed (approx. 250g prepared weight)
- oats - 140g, rolled
- banana - 1, overripe, (approx. 100g)
- maple syrup - 60-80g, depending on your preferred sweetness
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- chocolate chips - 100g dark, or to taste (*ensure DF if required)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas (400g tin), rolled oats (140g), overripe banana (1), maple syrup (60-80g), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Add the dark choc chips (100g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 4 seconds, or mix in with your spatula.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl. This is quite a sticky mixture, but leaving it to sit for a few minutes will make it easier to work with.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray, then press them down slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to five days.