Choc Butterscotch Trail Mix
We’re throwing convention aside with this trail mix. Sure, trail mix is often considered as a healthy snack… but sometimes you just need a bit of a sweet treat to push you through. If that sounds like you, this is the snack for you. A delicious nut mix with little bursts of sweetness from the chocolate and butterscotch here and there. Super fast to make up. Divide into portions for when you need a little treat.
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes approx. 3 cups of trail mix
Can be frozen
- butterscotch lollies - 100g
- chocolate - 100g, in blocks
- peanuts - 150g, roasted and unsalted
- almonds - 150g, roasted and unsalted
- sunflower kernels - 60g
- cashew nuts - 70g, roasted
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- cacao powder - 2 tsp
- Add butterscotch lollies (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add chocolate blocks (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Return butterscotch to the bowl with peanuts (150g), almonds (150g), sunflower kernels (60g), cashews (70g), salt flakes (1 tsp) and cacao (2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Transfer to individual ziplock bags or containers for a portioned sweet treat snack on the run!